Re: Sparc32 Love?

Mark Morgan Lloyd a écrit :
Steve Yeats wrote:
Hello one and all,

as I've come into the ownership of quite a few Sun4m SPARC32 machines
in the past few weeks, I've gotten an old install of Sarge with a 2.4
kernel running on one and have been painfully compiling some necessary
files to get newer programs working on the old and crufty system to be
able to play nicely with it.

I'd be surprised if you get anything later than 2.4 for sun4m or sun4d.
You can get up to 3.x for sun4u, but in practice the latest Debian that
will run reliably is Lenny. I've wasted a lot of time on this over the
last year or so.

so, I'm calling anyone out... anyone at all, willing to do an
unofficial Sparc32 port of Wheezy or Jessie to the long-abandoned,

There are quite simply too many components that won't work any more,
starting off with recent versions of GCC which don't support 32-bit
SPARC, moving on to the kernel and various middleware libraries which
are picky about the version of GCC they require, and so on.

I use a gcc 4.9.2 on a sparc32 running NetBSD or on a Leon4 evaluation board running Linux. Recent gcc can build sparcv7 or v8 binaries without any trouble.

	JKB