Re: New working sparc64 netinst image

On Wed, Dec 30, 2015 at 12:19 PM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
<glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de> wrote:
> On 12/30/2015 03:29 AM, Anatoly Pugachev wrote:
>> On Tue, Dec 29, 2015 at 3:39 PM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
>> <glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de> wrote:
>>
>> installed from this cd/iso version into LDOM, using local mirror and
>> preseed configuration
>
> Awesome, great to hear! Were there any issues you encountered?

first, i had problems with formatting as well, but reused / copied
disk from oracle sparc linux with gpt disk partition table
(description of this problem in my previous email).

after solving problem with formatting, d-i did not installed kernel,
and i need to install it manually "apt-get install
linux-image-sparc64-smp" , changing silo.conf and updating bootloader.

then , with my first try I've installed with use of lvm , but was
unable to properly boot into installed debian , dropping to initramfs
prompt (is it busybox ?), since lvm initialization, from initrd,
./scripts/local-top/lvm2 , command

lvchange_activate() {
        lvm lvchange -aay -y --sysinit --ignoreskippedcluster "$@"
}

gave me "bus error", and i need to re-install without lvm,
installation went ok .

where do i report lvm "bus error" currently ? Just checked with my
installed sparc64 debian, adding lvm2 package, even simple commands
give "bus error":

root@deb-t52:/boot# dpkg -l lvm2
||/ Name                                       Version
   Architecture               Description
+++-==========================================-==========================-==========================-=========================================================================================
ii  lvm2                                       2.02.138-1
   sparc64                    Linux Logical Volume Manager

root@deb-t52:~# lvm lvs
Bus error

>> now i have fully 64bit unstable/sid with 4.3 kernel and systemd working.
>
> Great. Let me know if you want me to set this up as a buildd. Since
> this machine is extremely fast, we could run several buildd instances
> without any noticable slow-down.

Adrian, yeah, lets make this as buildd, about 200 vcpus , 200Gb ram
and 300Gb hdd avail for this task.

root@deb-t52:~# free -m
              total        used        free      shared  buff/cache   available
Mem:         194432         228      193255         312         949      193626
Swap:          1906           0        1906
root@deb-t52:~# lscpu
Architecture:          sparc64
CPU op-mode(s):        32-bit, 64-bit
Byte Order:            Big Endian