Re: Need help debugging silo

> On 12/29/2015 11:52 AM, Richard Mortimer wrote:
>> From memory the conversion to a.out is done by the elftoaout binary from
>> sparc-utils. It maybe that the problem lies in there rather than in silo
>> itself.
> Right!
>
> That must be it:
>
> typedef struct {
>         unsigned long   a_magic;        /* magic number */
>         unsigned long   a_text;         /* size of text segment */
>         unsigned long   a_data;         /* size of initialized data */
>         unsigned long   a_bss;          /* size of uninitialized data */
>         unsigned long   a_syms;         /* size of symbol table ||
> checksum */
>         unsigned long   a_entry;        /* entry point */
>         unsigned long   a_trsize;       /* size of text relocation */
>         unsigned long   a_drsize;       /* size of data relocation */
> } Exec;
>
> The unsigned long probably becomes 64 bit on sparc64. I'll check whether
> Oracle has a patched version.
>
> Adrian

(yawn) morning or something similar,..
I used elftoaout-2.3-14.el6.sparc64 which I think was unmodified from the f12
archives.. -checking- yes it was direct from
https://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org//packages/elftoaout/2.3/14.fc12/src/elftoaout-2.3-14.fc12.src.rpm

Having just looked, it carries a small patch (elftoaout-include.patch) which
modifies the Exec struct, though now that I look at it, as mentioned by Mark,
those should probably be u_int32_t for portability between 32/64.
We didn't make any changes to elftoaout so we never hit this particular problem.