Re: Kernel image size limitations silo?

It is not that simple.
Basically ( the Oracle guys should know more ) the OBP only initialises
a small block of memory so your image must fit into that space until it
has initialised enough memory management to use more space.
The clue is to cut the image down to the absolute minimum to get the
install started. Its a long time ago so my memory is a tad vague, I
seem to recall needing to use pivot root when I was working on Sparc32.

Hope this helps.