Re: Question - Blade 2500 Silver

> Angus MacGyver a écrit :
> > Hi All,
>
> 	Hello,
>
> > So - struggling to google this definitively - but...
> >
> > I have a Blade 2500 Silver, 2x16GHz UltraSPARC IIIi CPU's - is this
> > a "pure 64bit" system - as per
> > "https://oss.oracle.com/projects/linux-sparc/";
> >
> > I am pretty sure it's a Sun4u architecture, but I know it's
> > 64bit.....
>
> 	Sun4u is 64 bits arch, but I'm not sure that Oracle Linux for SPARC
> runs on sun4u machines. I've only seen sun4v ones.

Well - the update is - it most definitely boots off the CDROM downloaded from Oracle :D

I have a 4.1.8 kernel booting on a Blade2500 Silver.

OK - it "stops" at:

Console: colour dummy device 80x25
console [tty0] enabled
bootconsole [earlyprom0] disabled

And then nothing...

However - I am aware that I have an XVR-1200 card in this machine, which under FreeBSD causes the system to assume a serial console, and under Debian 6.x - was a right pig in X (read didn't work at all) - so I am going to point my finger of suspicion at that .

Somewhere I have an XVR-100 - I just need to find it and test again.

I will report back on status when I've found and tested it :-)

So - from me - yes, another person saying - bring back Debian on SPARC.

Cheers

AM