Re: Resurrecting Debian on SPARC

On 10/13/2015 12:21 AM, Frans van Berckel wrote:
On Thu, 2015-10-08 at 11:44 +1100, James Morris wrote:
FYI,

Oracle developers have been working on Sparc Linux (as some may have
noticed from lkml commits).  We've just made an initial cut of this
available publicly, for the purposes of sharing it with the wider
community.

See https://oss.oracle.com/projects/linux-sparc/

There are some mailing lists, a git repo, installable distro etc.

I hope that some of this work will be useful to the Debian project,
and please feel free to provide us with feedback.

Checking: Did you know James, a serious sparc64 bug is solved in Stable
git tree? It's not committed in linux-uek.git yet?

sparc64: Fix userspace FPU register corruptions, as David said, this
bug is about two decades old.

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable.git/lo
g/?id=refs%2Ftags%2Fv4.1.10&qt=grep&q=sparc

Hi Frans,

I've confirmed that the fix was in the released kernel and it's in the git tree.

Check out the tag:

$ git checkout -b my_lfs v4.1.8-15.1

Then you'll find the fix in commit 30471d04c2a3b1471a28d1ccf898bada2d3fc9ce

- James