Re: Resurrecting Debian on SPARC

Good afternoon,

Having re-read all of these emails again, I have two questions (before I
go find another machine to play on so I don't mess this one (raverin) up):

1) in my efforts to setup my own chroot build environment I have created
it using the debootstrap command as discussed and created a directory in
my home directory: "sid-sparc64-sbuild-rod".  This hasn't been that bad.
I also was able to get the libpcre in the correct place. Q: Is this the
correct way to do this on a machine which currently has a build
environment for sparc64?

if so...
2) I think I need to create the configuration file making changes to
point to my newly created sbuild directory (primarily name of the config
file, new directory located in my home directory, and add my user name
to the groups and root-groups lines). Is this correct?

I REALLY don't want to mess up the buildd process we have going.

Also, I noticed on raverin that when I did an apt-get source that is
seems to be pulling from wheezy as opposed to unstable. Does this mean
that the sources list has been changed?

Oh and I think I'm going to work on liblo as it seems to have fewer
problems and I need to understand more of the how, who and what of
maintaining.

Rod