Re: Debian drops support for sparc

On Fri, Jul 31, 2015 at 08:20:41AM +0200, Kjetil Oftedal wrote:
> So I guess what is being dropped this time around is the official support for
> 64-bit kernel + 32-bit/v8plus userland.
>
> Then only the unofficial port of 64-bit kernel + 64-bit userland remains.

That seems a bit misleading, because I don't see what would be preventing
sparc from ultimately reappearing together with sparc64 on debian-ports.org.

Given that it already has a bunch of buildds and still has a better archive
coverage (the percentage of total packages build on sparc compared to
total), that's a fairly solid foundation.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.