Re: Debian Archive architecture removals

Am Montag, 20. April 2015, 00:22:08 schrieb Joerg Jaspert:
> hurd-i386
> =========
> Well before wheezy was released, we talked with the HURD porters, and
> they agreed to re-check their archive status just after the wheezy
> release[1]. The plan was to move the HURD port off ftp-master if it
> wasn't included as a technology preview or full release arch. HURD
> wasn't a part of Wheezy, and it's highly unlikely it will be in Jessie.

Given that the package coverage of the Hurd continuously increased and
that it just released 0.6 of its core components[1] along with releasing
Debian GNU/Hurd[2], this strikes me as an odd time to throw the Hurd off
ftp-master.

[1]: http://www.gnu.org/software/hurd/news/2015-04-10-releases.html
[2]: http://www.gnu.org/software/hurd/news/2015-04-29-debian_gnu_hurd_2015.html
     http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.os.hurd.bugs/27177

The Hurd isn’t an old architecture which is slowly fading away but
rather slowly but steadily progressing and getting more stable.

The qemu live image works right away, including the translator tests
which show the unique capabilities of the Hurd.

Best wishes,
Arne
--
Ein Würfel System - einfach saubere Regeln:

- http://1w6.org