Re: Debian Jessie regression under qemu-system-sparc64

2014-11-09 from Mark Cave-Ayland:
> Panic over.
>
> It seems that the latest build has increased the memory requirement
> above QEMU's 128MB built-in default. Increasing the RAM to 256MB seems
> to get things going again:
>
> $ ./qemu-system-sparc64 -m 256 -cdrom
> /home/build/src/qemu/image/sparc64/mini.iso -boot d -nographic
>
> I guess everyone has more RAM in their SPARC hardware these days?

Have just played with QEMU (Debian qemu/2.1+dfsg-5+b1);
the current Debian daily image (20141111-00:26)
begins to boot without panic starting from 144 MiB of QEMU's RAM.

2014-11-10 from Patrick Baggett:
> One virtue of the SPARC machines is that they have
> really high max RAM capacity relative to their time.
> I haven't owned a SPARC machine with less than 1GB.

I can recommend Sun Ultra 5 & Ultra 10 :)
These systems can have max. 1 GiB of RAM
(usually come with 128, 256 or 512 MiB, but fortunately upgradeable).
BTW, 64-bit CPU with max. 440 MHz clock is great too :)

---
Best wishes,
Bob