Re: problem booting Debian on X1

If you're running Debian 6.x, then you might be able to get one from wheezy to work (libc version seems to match).

https://packages.debian.org/wheezy/silo and https://packages.debian.org/wheezy/sparc/silo/download

On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 4:26 PM, Jeremy Kister <debian-sparc@jeremykister.com> wrote:
On 7/21/2014 4:59 PM, Patrick Baggett wrote:
please correct me if I am mistaken!] In that case, perhaps you could
backup the old `silo` binary and replace it with the newest one? I would
think that if you had a USB port you could do this pretty easily using a
flash drive (perhaps PCI USB card + flash drive, like I had in my Ultra
10), but if not, you might be able to utilize tftp and pull it from a
server using BusyBox.

Worth a shot.  I don't have local access to the machine at the moment (just network+console).  it does have network, though.  do you happen to know where the newest silo binary is?  i'm searching now.

--

Jeremy Kister
http://jeremy.kister.net./