Re: console [tty0] enabled, bootconsole disabled while booting from disk after complete installation

On Fri, 2014-07-11 at 23:27 +0530, shyam prasad wrote:
> Dear Berckel,
>
> The below error i am getting after the installation.

>      [!!] Install the SILO boot loader on a hard disk
>      x                     Installation step failed
>      x An installation step failed. You can try to run the failing
> item  x
>      x again from the menu, or skip it and choose something else. The
>      x failing step is: Install the SILO boot loader on a hard disk
>      x                            <Continue>
>
> mqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqj

> <Tab> moves; <Space> selects; <Enter> activates buttons

> What could be the problem.How to resolve it.

Dear shyam,

I do not have the knowledge to solve your Silo bug. Maybe you can look
what real error is generated. You can switch consoles to the install log
output. It got to be <alt-f6> or <alt-f5>, if I am well. Hoop it helps.

Thanks,

Frans van Berckel