Re: Problem implementing USB on Ultra 5/10

On 07/22/2014 12:18 PM, Aaro Koskinen wrote:
Hi,

On Sun, Jul 20, 2014 at 05:50:44AM -0700, Fred wrote:
A recent post mentioned having USB on a U10.  I bought a StarTech PCIUSB7
card because it is said to be Linux compatible.  With the PCI USB card
installed the U5 flashes the keyboard leds twice and does nothing else.
Stop-a doesn't do anything.  It has debian 7.5.0 installed from the
netinstall.iso.  Do USB drivers have to be manually installed?
I have used DeLock PCI USB/FireWire card successfully on U5/U10 to access
USB and FireWire disks. It works with standard EHCI/UHCI/OHCI drivers.
To my surprise, even the ancient firmware recognized the FireWire but I
have never tried to access it except from Linux.

A.

Hi,
I found the Syba SD-VIA-5U card works ok. This card does not support booting from USB which is probably why it works on the Sun.

The German DeLock 89197 probably will work but is not sold in the US.

Best regards,
Fred