Re: Problem implementing USB on Ultra 5/10

On Sun, Jul 20, 2014 at 1:41 PM, Fred <fred@blakemfg.com> wrote:
On 07/22/2014 12:18 PM, Aaro Koskinen wrote:
Hi,

On Sun, Jul 20, 2014 at 05:50:44AM -0700, Fred wrote:
A recent post mentioned having USB on a U10.  I bought a StarTech PCIUSB7
card because it is said to be Linux compatible.  With the PCI USB card
installed the U5 flashes the keyboard leds twice and does nothing else.
Stop-a doesn't do anything.  It has debian 7.5.0 installed from the
netinstall.iso.  Do USB drivers have to be manually installed?
I have used DeLock PCI USB/FireWire card successfully on U5/U10 to access
USB and FireWire disks. It works with standard EHCI/UHCI/OHCI drivers.
To my surprise, even the ancient firmware recognized the FireWire but I
have never tried to access it except from Linux.

A.

Hi,

The StarTech USB card works perfectly in an x86 PC.  I have an 8 port PCI serial card that works fine on Solaris 2.6.  With this card the U5 boots normally so probably the PCI bus is ok.  I will try to find a DeLock USB card.

Hi Fred,

Like I mentioned before, I found a graphics card that did not work in a U10 or a Pentium III (x86) system, but did in a newer Intel system. It likely is just that the card itself is too new. Good luck and let us know what works!

Thanks for the help.
Best regards,
Fred