Re: sparc has been pulled from jessie

On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 3:40 PM, Sébastien Bernard <sbernard@nerim.net> wrote:
Well, folks,
I think this is one step closer to the end.
The sparc has been removed from the jessie archive.
That's a shame cause the problem with the generation of the debian-installer is about to be fixed.
There was no final notice, or maybe I missed it.
I don't think they will reconsider.
Maybe some debian developper can argue for our case.

Bah. I don't even know what the requirements for staying in the cool kids club are or how close/far sparc is from meeting them. I was hearing "gcc 4.8" noise, but I've had gcc-4.8 installed on my machine for a long time and never had a problem with it. Not really sure what needs to be done for debian version N+1 to get sparc back in.

Anyway, I'll try keep it alive as hard as I'm able to.

Yeah, same. Too much sparc HW to quit. :)

Patrick