Re: Bug#724469: FTBFS on all big-endian architectures
- To: Adam Conrad <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, Roland Stigge <email@example.com>, Jurica Stanojkovic <Jurica.Stanojkovic@imgtec.com>, Hiroyuki Yamamoto <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Aurelien Jarno <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Bug#724469: FTBFS on all big-endian architectures
- From: intrigeri <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 12:25:38 +0100
- Message-id: <[🔎] firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <[🔎] 20140323200311.GF21819@0c3.net> (Adam Conrad's message of "Sun, 23 Mar 2014 14:03:12 -0600")
- References: <email@example.com> <CALJqc2XOP=DML2TzMW0dkiM-K8P7-GJinYnOiqKhHd8bgADpJg@mail.gmail.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <CALJqc2UZueCrS16-URU-ooLxeAqFwM7TD1wS8Jdp6QhNq5BXKg@mail.gmail.com> <email@example.com> <[🔎] firstname.lastname@example.org> <[🔎] 20140322162023.GE21819@0c3.net> <[🔎] email@example.com> <[🔎] 20140323200311.GF21819@0c3.net>
Adam Conrad wrote (23 Mar 2014 20:03:12 GMT) :
> Not fixing a bug isn't the way to get rid of it.
I agree. My wording was not appropriate, and I'm sorry for the bad
feelings I may have caused.
Hoping to clarify a bit:
1. I'll try to go on playing the intermediate between the relevant
parties (upstream and the Debian porters) and pinging people as
needed, as I've been doing in the last 2.5 months. But if I cause
communication problems again, then I'll ask for someone else on
the Perl team to take over this task from me.
2. I want Jessie to be released with this package (and its
reverse-dependencies) working on as many supported architectures
as possible. Given I don't have the skills needed to port it to
big-endian 64-bit architectures myself, all I can do is #1. So,
whether Jessie ships this package on these architectures does not
depend much on me.
| GnuPG key @ https://gaffer.ptitcanardnoir.org/intrigeri/intrigeri.asc
| OTR fingerprint @ https://gaffer.ptitcanardnoir.org/intrigeri/otr.asc