Seems I have bad timing with Debian on SPARC.

Just signed up for this mailing list; had spent a good amount of time
over the last week getting my Ultra 60 up and running again.  It's
mostly OK...heh...execpt the part about having to reprogram the darn
NVRAM every time I turn it on.

I got jessie installed (Didn't get far in the stable release; first
thing I did was try to open iceweasel and it hit a bus error --
unaligned mem access maybe).  Working on getting the framebuffer going
and whatnot now, went to the Debian forums and figured I'd try this
mailing list after no responses there.

After checking the posts for the last few months (only a handful!),
they seem all about "Hello....anybody out there using/maintaining
this?"  or "Hey if anyone's using driver X y'all need to maintain it
yourself 'cause you're the only one using it", heh.

So, realistically*, what's the deal?  Any point in trying to get this
to work or should I cut my losses now and move to some other
distribution or OS?  I had thought that maybe there was some interest
in the architecture since OpenSPARC was published/available for some
time.  Anyhow.

Advice appreciated in advance.

thanks

*Yes, I'm not being terribly realistic running anything on this box to
begin with.