Re: Bug#731069: gcc-defaults: Please resume considering to change using unified version of gcc
- To: Matthias Klose <email@example.com>
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, Michael Cree <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, Roland Stigge <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org, Debian Release <email@example.com>, HPPA porters <firstname.lastname@example.org>, John David Anglin <email@example.com>, Nobuhiro Iwamatsu <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Nobuhiro Iwamatsu <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Bug#731069: gcc-defaults: Please resume considering to change using unified version of gcc
- From: Hiroyuki Yamamoto <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2013 10:31:32 +0900
- Message-id: <[🔎] CAKnv5p8++z-xGjLMJ15nBv=1nwQ9fKPds+QMjQiu8dk4zTbWEw@mail.gmail.com>
- In-reply-to: <[🔎] 529E7CC6.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <529B597D.email@example.com> <[🔎] 529C7999.firstname.lastname@example.org> <[🔎] 529D07AE.email@example.com> <[🔎] 529E7CC6.firstname.lastname@example.org>
(2013/12/04 9:52), Matthias Klose wrote:
> Am 02.12.2013 23:20, schrieb Hiroyuki Yamamoto:
>> I don't know whether it is appropriate that I remark,
>> I have no objection to moving to gcc-4.8 on ppc64, too.
> this is not a question about any objections, but about a call to the ppc64
> porters if they are able to maintain such a port in Debian. There is no
> response yet.
Because I don't have enough skill for maintaining
powerpc64-unknown-linux-gnu-gcc as no trouble now, I don't know whether
I may remark
But I will make effort to find occurring troubles and to maintain it
as no trouble within my possible skill.
> I did check http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-4.9/criteria.html and apparently ppc64 is a
> primary release architecture, so I did make it the default for sid (and will
> make 4.9 the default for jessie once uploaded to unstable).
I also think it reasonable at this moment.
A75D B285 7050 4BF9 AEDA 91AC 3A10 59C6 5203 04DC