Re: sparc64 buildd state wrt. Perl transition (was: Re: Results of the porter roll call)

Hi,

On Thu, Oct 03, 2013 at 02:09:18PM +0200, Axel Beckert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Michael Cree wrote:

> > > Definitely.

That's more or less true. I used to work on that and I still try from
time to time, but I am missing time, and a really working build daemon.
The current build daemon, sompek.debian.org, is an UltraSparc T1 based
machine, which does not run very well with the Debian kernel. There are
regular random segmentation fault when building software, which prevents
building big packages like gcc, unless you try again and again a few
times.

> > > *nod* One of the reasons why I'm trying to improve that...
> >
> > Looking at a recent build log on sparc64 it is obvious the chroots on at
> > least one of the sparc64 buildds have not even been upgraded to have perl
> > 5.18. So that one (and presumably the rest) is building packages against
> > the old (no longer available) perl!
>
> That explains a lot. Thanks for checking.
>
> I'd also volunteer as sparc64 buildd admin as there seems to be some
> need for it. Cc'ing admin@debian-ports.org for that.
>
> I though have no experience as buildd admin so far and hence are not
> sure how the actual duties of a buildd admin look like.

Thanks, help is appreciated. You need to ask debian-admin to have buildd
admin rights on the machine sompek.debian.org. Please also send me a,
SSH key, I'll create you an account on buildd.debian-ports.org.

--
Aurelien Jarno                          GPG: 1024D/F1BCDB73