Re: Bootstrapping Sparc64: Outdated, but required perl module packages? (Perl 5.14 vs 5.18)

Hi Axel,

> Got it working. Took the full apt-get command as multistrap did, but
> removed the three perl modules in question as well as debconf-i18n
> which needs them, but I never need and which I consider to be
> primarily disk space waste.
>
> But this just got stuff downloaded. Next step was to put that reduced
> package list into the multistrap.conf's "packages=" and set
> "omitrequired=true" (needs to be in the [General] section) and
> restart. That worked. Yay!
>
> Will likely try to build these three packages locally and see how far
> I come.

You did it! If you have a extra partition left, it's smart to copy a
backup on that before install the dev tools. So you can always go
back-forward.

It's good to know from sparc you can easily chroot into a mounted sparc64
partition. Beware, please mount /proc & /sys before if needed.

Thanks,

Frans van Berckel