Re: Removing old unmaintained X drivers

On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 10:26 PM, Julien Cristau <jcristau@debian.org> wrote:
Hi,

we (the debian X Strike Force) are thinking of removing the following
packages from the archive, unless somebody steps up (soon) to take care
of them.  The reason is they see 0 testing, nobody maintains them
upstream, if you're lucky people keep some of them building when APIs
change, if you're very lucky they get a release with all the build fixes
once in a while, and it's likely most of them don't have any users
anymore.  While it would probably be easy to get them to stop FTBFS
right now, it doesn't seem worth it to keep all of those drivers around
with the maintenance overhead that comes with that if nobody's going to
notice anyway.  So please speak up if you want to see one of these in
jessie.

xserver-xorg-video-apm
xserver-xorg-video-ark
xserver-xorg-video-chips
xserver-xorg-video-glint
xserver-xorg-video-i128
xserver-xorg-video-i740
xserver-xorg-video-newport
xserver-xorg-video-rendition
xserver-xorg-video-s3
xserver-xorg-video-s3virge
xserver-xorg-video-sis
xserver-xorg-video-suncg14
xserver-xorg-video-suncg3
xserver-xorg-video-suncg6
xserver-xorg-video-sunleo
xserver-xorg-video-suntcx

Adding debian-sparc to discuss these 5. I think all of them are only available in sparc32 machines, but I might be wrong.
--
Jurij Smakov | jurij@wooyd.org | Key IDs: 43C30A7D/C99E03CC