Re: gcc problems on stalder

Hi,

please try to build the package on sompek, which is exactly the same hardware.
Years ago on solaris and US IIi machines building firefox and friends also at
random times failed if you tried to compile it with -j2 or more, but as the
machines were used a lot and under heavy workload, and we never had a problem
with them, we never believed that the hardware was faulty.

stadler or somepek is missing one fan which might be the issue in case the cpu
is overheating, but I doubt that. Please try sompek and see if the issue shows
up there, too, and if not, I'll investigate if there is some hiddne hardware
issue on stadler.

cheers,

bernd