Re: Help with Wheezy CD testing on Saturday

It is an HP zx6000, an Itanium (ia64) machine. Please ignore; it was probably CCd to the wrong lists.

Patrick

On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 4:32 AM, Mark Morgan Lloyd <markMLl.debian-sparc@telemetry.co.uk> wrote:
Peter Chubb wrote:
"Émeric" == Émeric Maschino <emeric.maschino@gmail.com> writes:

Émeric> Just to let you know that I've successfully installed Wheezy
Émeric> using the netinst CD on a spare HDD, using default parameters
Émeric> (using entire HDD and one single partition as partition
Émeric> scheme) except for localization of course.

I've been trying to install using the XFCE CD on a zx6000.  The boot
rom doesn't recognise the CD as being bootable.    The netinst CD does
work.

--
Dr Peter Chubb                                  peter.chubb AT nicta.com.au
http://www.ssrg.nicta.com.au          Software Systems Research Group/NICTA

Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk