Wheezy: firmware qlogic/isp1000.bin missing - why?

Hello.

I tried to connect an external SCSI disk array to one of my Sun Ultra1
machines. It did not work out of the box.

dmesg reported missing firmware for the SCSI controler board (SBUS module):
qlogic/isp1000.bin. apt-file search didn't find anything in main, contrib and
non-free.

Does anybody know why it's missing? License problems? Or simply a bug?

The firmware is available on the net as Intel hex. I converted it and put it
into firmware/qlogic, so the problem is solved for me. But maybe someone else
runs into the same problem.

What to do? Should I write a bug report?

Regards,

   Hartwig