Re: powerbutton

The easiest way I think of is to use a serial console -- then the output would be on another computer's terminal (instead of the monitor that is about to turn off!). To get this to work, you'll need to unplug the keyboard if I recall, perhaps remove the video card (though I think merely removing the keyboard is enough to get the OBP to use serial port A).

Patrick