Re: Sun Fire V210 NIC's don't work

License aside,

Solaris whether it be 10 or 11 doesn't have many applications available for it that Linux or FreeBSD contain. So if Firefox and Thunderbird are enough that's great but anything else forget about. OpenSolaris was becoming much better but thanks to Oracle they killed that off and Open Indiana is no way complete yet.

For application based servers which as the OP I am using my box as, my choices for SPARC platform are either Debian or FreeBSD. CentOS or Fedora aren't available and nor is Ubuntu and with such a short term life I'm not content to go with Ubuntu either.

Thanks to Richard Mortimer and everyone else for the support in the meantime....!

I think soon I'm going to re-jumpstart the machine with FreeBSD 9 - though it means extra work however, at least the NICs will be usable.

Regards,

Kaya