Re: Partitioning fails on a Sparc Ultra5 with Debian Lenny

Hi,
I had got similar problems with the Lenny installer when trying to partition the harddisk. So I used the SPARC version of System Rescue CD (http://sourceforge.net/projects/systemrescuecd/files/sysresccd-sparc/0.4.0/systemrescuecd-sparc-0.4.0.iso/download) to partition the drive with fdisk and to format the partitions. After that I selected the partitions in the Debian installer and used them for the installation. This worked great. I hope that information helped you.
--
Alexander Feld <shadowing@fsfe.org>