Installing Squeeze on an Ultra 5

Hi all,

I'm trying to install squeeze on my Ultra 5. The install failed with I/O errors. I was fairly sure that the disk was fine because I had no problems install/running Gentoo. After talking with some people on #gentoo-sparc on freenode I learned that the IDE controller on the Ultra 5 (01:03.0 IDE interface: Silicon Image, Inc. PCI0646 (rev 03)) is buggy and these bugs aren't worked around in the new libata driver, but are in the old-style IDE driver.

Are there Debian install images/kernels in the repository that use the old-style driver or will I have to build those myself?

Thanks,
Jack