Re: Debian daily image isn't bootable on sparc
- To: Alexander Vlasov <email@example.com>
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Debian daily image isn't bootable on sparc
- From: Jurij Smakov <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2011 17:02:40 +0000
- Message-id: <[🔎] 20111106170239.GA5421@wooyd.org>
- In-reply-to: <20111020220050.GA5109@wooyd.org>
- References: <loom.20111017T165152firstname.lastname@example.org> <20111017203855.GA4341@wooyd.org> <20111018231533.GA7595@wooyd.org> <CAHZ84-JxG_rrhKJm97iCMUcDqPo+ZdQNLM-6RfMC4Cn_bHHX9w@mail.gmail.com> <20111019200342.GA3902@wooyd.org> <CAHZ84-KT9zNpx==_2G96NZiPGF11kAZKZkonsGxb2iuziC2U4w@mail.gmail.com> <20111020220050.GA5109@wooyd.org>
On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 11:00:51PM +0100, Jurij Smakov wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 10:20:38PM +0200, Alexander Vlasov wrote:
> > Thank you very much!
> > If you need any help with testing on a wide range of sparc hardware,
> > don't hesitate to contact me.
> Yeah, the images are too large. If I delete some random stuff from
> initrd, I can make them boot again. We'll need to figure out what we
> can safely remove without affecting functionality.
I've uploaded a new version of netcfg (1.70) yesterday, dropping
wireless support on sparc, and the daily netboot image is now under
the magic 10MB limit and booting again.
Jurij Smakov email@example.com
Key: http://www.wooyd.org/pgpkey/ KeyID: C99E03CC