Re: gcc ICE

On Fri, Nov 04, 2011 at 10:49:03PM +0100, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 9:49 PM, Julien Cristau <jcristau@debian.org> wrote:
> > On Fri, Nov  4, 2011 at 10:05:49 +0100, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
> >
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >>   I am reporting an ICE for one of my project. Because I am not a DD,
> >> I cannot fill a proper bug report upstream (gcc).
> >>
> > This makes no sense, what does being a DD have to do with upstream
> > gcc...
>
> Ok. I'll rephrase it into, i need someone with proper write level
> access to buidd machine to execute the command described at:
>
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-sparc/2011/11/msg00008.html

A few relevant facts:

1. The internal compiler error you are encountering is only affecting
the experimental sparc64 port. The same package version built fine on
"regular" sparc:

https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=vxl&suite=sid

2. The buildd machine you refer to is not a part of official buildd
network, as it has been set up specifically to build packages for
sparc64 port. Thus, it's unlikely that regular buildd admins would be
able to do anything about it.

3. As far as I know, there is no DD-accessible sparc64 porterbox, so
even DDs would not be able to help.

To be honest, I have no idea on how to handle bugs like this. To the
best of my knowledge, a decision regarding inclusion of sparc64 in
wheezy has not been made, and it has a long way to go to get to a
point of achieving feature parity with the existing sparc port. I
believe that Aurelien Jarno (CC'd) is the only person currently
working on it, so perhaps he can shed some light on how to approach
it.

For the record, I'm not in any way opposed to the sparc64 port
effort, but I don't think it's realistic to get it into acceptable
shape before wheezy release, so I tend to spend most of my available
time fixing the "regular" sparc port problems.

Best regards,
--
Jurij Smakov                                           jurij@wooyd.org
Key: http://www.wooyd.org/pgpkey/                      KeyID: C99E03CC