Re: Problem with a SunFire V120 -- Kernel panics when trying to install

Hi guys,

hitting the same problem with a Sun Fire V120 but I think I have got a
workaround.

I plugged one cable in NET0 and connected it to a desktop (for tftp/netboot
purposes).
I plugged one cable in NET1 and connected it to the public network.

I proceeded typing 'net boot' in OpenBoot and waited until the 1st Squeeze
installer screen appeared.

Then, and here comes the magic, I unplugged the NET0 cable.

After that, I was able to continue with the installer, whereas previously I
got the dreaded 'Aiee, killing interrupt handler!' message.

Does this work for you too ? Let me know.

Thanks, Roland.