silo error: console stdout lacks device_type

Hi.

I try to install a Raptor GFX graphics board on my Sun Blade 100. Opsys is
Debain Squeeze. Up to now I used the onboard graphics, that works.

After installing the GFX and doing a STOP-N, the 'devalias screen' entry
points to the new board. Ok. But booting the installed system ends up with
the silo message:

console stdout lacks device_type

and stops at the ok prompt (screen attached to th GFX).

Booting with serial console works fine. Then I returned to the onboard
graphics, everything ok again.

Any idea?

Thanks,

   Hartwig