Re: Problems with "wheezy" in blade 100

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 11:12:37AM -0500, mmejiav wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have a sun blade 100 with 512 mb and they work fine with Debian
> 5.0x... (without X system)
>
> I downloaded and tried to install Squeeze and wheezy (weekly edition)
> and both versions stalled in the installation process, using the
> options "normal" and "expert" the problem is the same
>
> The error messages are:
>
> http://img222.imageshack.us/i/img0060wa.jpg/
>
> http://img863.imageshack.us/i/img0059e.jpg/
>
> after that messages the machine freezes and the only solution is reboot.
>
> Anyone know what is this problem?

Yes, this is a known bug: http://bugs.debian.org/602853

To work around it, you have two options: either use unofficial images
which I've built (http://www.wooyd.org/debian/squeeze) or wait until
the upcoming squeeze point release (6.0.1), which should happen within
a week or two.

Best regards,
--
Jurij Smakov                                           jurij@wooyd.org