Re: Unofficial Squeeze installer image available

Hi Jurij,

On 09/02/2011 21:43, Jurij Smakov wrote:
[bcc: debian-boot@lists.debian.org and some bug reporters]

Hello,

Over the last couple of days I've managed to build a functional
Squeeze installer mini iso image for sparc, which addresses all known
sparc-specific problems described in Squeeze errata. You can find the
image, patches used to build it and a README file describing the bugs
it's supposed to address (as well as rebuild instructions) at

http://www.wooyd.org/debian/squeeze/

Do you have a netboot image that you could create. I will gladly give that a test to make sure it does (still) work on my Sparc machines.

If you have encountered problems during Squeeze installation, please
test this image and report the results, as a positive confirmation of
fixes on a variety of different systems is essential for getting all
these fixes into the first Squeeze point release.

I did spot a couple of issues with the installer when I gave squeeze a try a couple of weeks back. I only got chance to file an installation report about one of them
Its not a massive show stopper and has an easy workaround but if that can be fixed then it will make others lives easier.

The other was an oops but there wasn't enough information to log anything concrete. I'll give it a try again when I get a minute or ten.

Thanks for your hard work on the Sparc port.

Regards

Richard