Re: Where is the BootLoader/Silo in a Dual-Boot Debian/Solaris System?

Hi Anatoly,

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 8:07 AM, Anatoly Pugachev <matorola@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi!

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 10:40 AM, RR <ranjtech@gmail.com> wrote:
> However, I have two questions:
> a) While doing a check on something, I realised that my /boot is empty.
> Could anyone help me understand this installation and tell me where does
> Silo/bootloader etc sit in this kind of a situation?

AFAIK, sparc bootloader is called silo, and it's configuration file
located under /etc/ :
http://packages.debian.org/lenny/sparc/silo/filelist

/etc/silo.conf

Thanks for that. Yes, I knew that but I have no idea where the actual bootloader is esp. in my configuration which is a messed up dual-boot configuration even though the bootloader may or may not be aware of it. I think since Silo is able to read / boot off of SunOS disks, the bootloader is still sitting on that partition but I don't know how to find it. I needed to check something in it but I don't need to touch it right now. I wonder though how this will work when I need to upgrade the kernel. The changes for that need to be written in the /boot directory and maybe in Silo.conf and if the upgrade will know where to find that

Any more help would be appreciated.
Thanks
\RR