Annoying problem with udev

I have a annoying problem with udev. It increases my Sun Cassini
ethernet port numbers every-time I reboot the Sun V440 server.

It stores new lines in /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules, over
and over again, without any hardware changes in the host.

It's running today's Debian Squeeze and udev 164. Does it depending de
kernel? Because I have seen this in 2.6.32, 2.6.34 and 2.6.30 if i am
well. And does anyone know where to start looking for a solution?

Thanks,

Frans van Berckel