Re: 64-bit sparc64

Hello,

2010/11/14 David Campbell <davekong@archlinux.us>:
> Greetings everyone, I have been trying to get a working 64-bit
> sparc64 system and having a lot of trouble. Today someone in
> #debian-sparc on oftc gave me a link[1]. I copied and pasted
> the Apt-lines into my sources.list file and ran "sudo apt-get
> update", but got the errors below. Can anyone tell me where I can
> get the packages from, or how I can help with this effort? I am
> very intereted in getting a 64-bit system running to use for HPC
> doing computational neuroscience research.

Sorry I am a bit ignorant on current sparc64 status, but I think it is
not ready to deploy on HPC systems. But you can still play with it.

New instructions have been added to be able to bootstrap sparc64
system. Please test them out and feel free to modify, improve, ...

http://wiki.debian.org/Sparc64#Bootstrappingsparc64

Enjoy!
--
 Héctor Orón