Re: “Sponsor” needed for X sparc video drivers

On Sun, Oct 17, 2010 at 04:13:31AM +0200, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> Hi Tyler.
>
> Tyler <pml@dtbb.net> (16/10/2010):
> > I also thought that debian had some sparc machines available for
> > building and testing packages?
>
> (How do you test a video driver remotely?)
>
> It's slightly easier to have a fellow DD upload packages than logging
> into porterboxes, getting all needed packages installed (probably in a
> specific chroot since it's experimental), and then do remote-signing
> of packages; that's why I asked here.

I gave it a shot, newport and sunleo drivers failed to build in a
chroot: the only binary package for newport is 'Architecture: mips'
and sunleo is missing a build-dependency on quilt. Let me know whether
you are going to fix that or I should produce a fixed package myself.

Best regards,
--
Jurij Smakov                                           jurij@wooyd.org
Key: http://www.wooyd.org/pgpkey/                      KeyID: C99E03CC