sungem NIC stops working

Hi,

We have several Netra T1's running debian stable, one of which is
a gateway for the network. We've been finding that about once a
week or more it stops responding to network traffic - we've been
rebooting it, but I'd like to work out why it's happening. The only
error that gets logged is:

[409455.008758] eth0: RX MAC fifo overflow smac[00010400]

That message gets logged during normal operation too, but it's the last
message in the buffer when the NIC stops working.  Is this a known
problem, or how could we go about finding out what's going wrong?

--
Bruce Cran