Re: please restore Sun XVR video drivers, and add the latest one [was Re: Debian Sparc 5.4 on Sun blade 2500]

On Sun, Aug 08, 2010 at 07:46:27PM +0200, Maurizio Caltabiano wrote:
> I have the hardware [...] and I should be happy to test your updates, but
> I need your help to install them.

Are you able to access the machine undex Linux despite the problem?
If so, fetch the new kernel package at
http://packages.debian.org/sid/linux-image-2.6.32-5-sparc64-smp
You'll also likely need http://packages.debian.org/sid/linux-base

Install these and make sure /etc/silo.conf can boot them and the original
kernel, and then reboot to give it a try.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.