Can't read my boot CD on Ultra 5.

Hi, all.

It's a few years since I've posted to the list, and my last Sparc was an SS20.

've just taken delivery of a 'new' Ultra 5, but for the life of me
can't boot a CD.  The cd drive is an OEM model that was originally
sold with the Ultra 5 and I have no reason to suspect that it hasn't
been fitted since new.  I suspect that my 'cdrom' alias is pointing to
the wrong place, or my cd media is incompatible (cd-r).  Having read
several how-to's, I am still unable to fathom this one out.  Can
anyone lend me a helping hand?

Many thanks,

Chris.

--
Reasons why you may want to try GNU/Linux:

http://www.getgnulinux.org/