Re: 64-bit sparc64

Excerpts from Hector Oron's message of 2010-11-15 06:35:23 -0500:
> Sorry I am a bit ignorant on current sparc64 status, but I think it is
> not ready to deploy on HPC systems. But you can still play with it.
>
> New instructions have been added to be able to bootstrap sparc64
> system. Please test them out and feel free to modify, improve, ...
>
> http://wiki.debian.org/Sparc64#Bootstrappingsparc64

Thanks, I edited the instructions slightly to be able to get a
working chroot. I noticed there does not seem to be a gcc
executable. Does anyone have such a package that can be added? It
looks like some of the basic tools for building up a system are
there but others are missing. At least with GCC I can start
compiling the rest :). Getting gcc/glibc (binutils) to build correctly was
the major issue I was having when I was trying to follow the
Linux From Scratch.
--
David Campbell