Re: Tests on SunFire 480R with squeeze installer

On Thu, Sep 02, 2010 at 08:36:29PM +0100, Jurij Smakov wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 02, 2010 at 03:14:36PM +0200, Hermann Lauer wrote:
> > Dear all,
> >
> > tried today the squeeze alpha1 netboot installer and the daily
> > http://people.debian.org/~stappers/d-i/sparc/daily/netboot/boot.img
> > (with is from 12.07.2010 btw., seems not to be updated anymore).
>
> Can you please try one of the CD image daily builds from
>
> http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/daily-builds/daily/arch-latest/sparc/iso-cd/
Hmm, never booted from a cd since years, as netbooting (via dhcp/tftp) is
working so great. What are the problems why the netbooting stuff is not updated
on debian.org any more ?

Probably I could extract the kernel image and the initial ramdisk and
cat them together, if I know the name of files to take from the cd image.

Thanks,
  Hermann