Re: please restore Sun XVR video drivers, and add the latest one [was Re: Debian Sparc 5.4 on Sun blade 2500]

On Sun, Aug 08, 2010 at 07:46:27PM +0200, Maurizio Caltabiano wrote:
> I have the hardware [...] and I should be happy to test your updates, but
> I need your help to install them.

Are you able to access the machine undex Linux despite the problem?
If so, fetch the new kernel package at
You'll also likely need http://packages.debian.org/sid/linux-base

Install these and make sure /etc/silo.conf can boot them and the original
kernel, and then reboot to give it a try.

     2. That which causes joy or happiness.