Re: Xorg on Debian SPARC

The esteemed Joe Lannon has said:

> Blade 100, integrated graphics.  Stable crashes when starting X, every time.
>
> Testing and unstable work, but there are strange dotted lines all over
> the screen.  I have messed with the various options for xorg.conf,
> none of them make it go away.
>
> Works perfectly in OpenBSD/FreeBSD, for some reason.
>
> If anyone can help, great.  But I'm kind of assuming this isn't going
> to be easily solvable.  I'm also looking for recommendations of SPARC
> system/video card combinations that do work with Xorg on Debian "out
> of the box".

I posted a similar question about getting X11 started on an Ultra 1
Creator about a week ago but got no responses.  After looking at the
log, the xorg.conf file, and an xorg.conf file on a Solaris 10 x86 box,
I added
	Driver		"sunffb"
To the "Device" section.   I don't know if the Blade 100 on-board
graphics were FFB or PGX24 (like Ultra 5_10), so you'll have to pick the
right driver for your video.

I've included, below, the xorg.conf file I have that runs OK on an Ultra
1 200E with the Creator board and a GDM-20E20 monitor.  Gnome is dog
slow on this machine, takes a couple of minutes to come up, but it does
come up.

Hank
===========complete xorg.conf file=================
# xorg.conf (X.Org X Window System server configuration file)
#
# This file was generated by dexconf, the Debian X Configuration tool, using
# values from the debconf database.
#
# Edit this file with caution, and see the xorg.conf manual page.
# (Type "man xorg.conf" at the shell prompt.)
#
# This file is automatically updated on xserver-xorg package upgrades *only*
# if it has not been modified since the last upgrade of the xserver-xorg
# package.
#
# If you have edited this file but would like it to be automatically updated
# again, run the following command:
#   sudo dpkg-reconfigure -phigh xserver-xorg

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier	"Generic Keyboard"
	Driver		"kbd"
	Option		"XkbRules"	"xorg"