Re: Lenny on E4500, esp_scsi won't detect disks

On Tue, 16 Mar 2010, Mr Ian Primus wrote:

Doing some more digging, it seems that the Sun fibre channel driver is missing from recent versions of the kernel, the newest one I've been able to find that contains it is 2.6.23. On this kernel, it's in drivers/fc4, and Fibre Channel support is a menu option right in the main menu after make menuconfig. I can't find this driver in the newer kernels. Does anyone know what happened to it? Did it get merged in with another driver?

I really want to get this A5000 working :)

The fc and fc4 code has been broken for at least 5 years due to having no
maintainer.