Re: Lenny and MD RAID on an E420R

> Please let me know what additional information I should provide,
> although my ability to perform captures of screen output during boot may
> be limited as the boot messages become garbled and strewn randomly
> across my screen from the point of "console handover: boot [earlyprom0]
> -> real [tty0]". If anybody has suggestions on that either that would be
> wonderful! (Using a Livingston/Lucent Portmaster 2e)

For a serial console use:
append="console=ttyS0,9600n8" in silo.conf or on the kernel command line.

There is also a kernel parameter which can be changed at kernel compile
time (davem already urged debian kernel maintainers to change it):

# Console display driver support
# CONFIG_PROM_CONSOLE is not set

With that I get a clear console output on the serial port without
any garbage.

Hope this helps,
 greetings
   Hermann

--
Netzwerkadministration/Zentrale Dienste, Interdiziplinaeres
Zentrum fuer wissenschaftliches Rechnen der Universitaet Heidelberg