Re: Sparc release requalification

On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 12:20:01PM +0200, Matthias Klose wrote:
> On 19.08.2009 16:33, Bastian Blank wrote:
> >>you'll end up modifying a different set of packages for the new
> >>architecture name in control and rules files. I don't know if this is
> >>less or more work.
> >
> >If I understand this correctly, this would need the modification off all
> >library packages to implement biarch semantic.
>
> No, "just" a subset that an update from 32->64bit userland does
> work. Again, I don't know how big this subset will be.

Matthias, can you please make a definite statement on whether you, as a
toolchain maintainer, are willing to support the existing 32-bit userland
with a 64-bit kernel, or you consider a transition to 64-bit userland
a necessary condition for sparc to be released with squeeze. This will
be an important factor for the release team to determine what is going
to happen.

Thanks.
--
Jurij Smakov                                           jurij@wooyd.org