Re: X on Ultra5 with Debian Lenny 5.0.3

On 2009-11-11, Collin Baillie wrote:

> How do I do this?
>
> Stick squeeze server details into apt resources list and then
>
> apt-get upgrade

That's the ticket. I guess you are new to Debian. This is not
sparc specific.

- edit /etc/apt/sources.list (change "lenny" to "squeeze" or
  "testing")
- apt-get update
- apt-get upgrade (apt-get install xorg might be enough,
  but you might as well upgrade everything)

To upgrade the kernel, do
- apt-get install linux-image (it'll give you a list to
  choose from)

Anyway, that's how I do it. I've kept kernel 2.6.26 for
my CD device problem.

Regards,

Howard E.