Re: output-device ID?

Hartwig Atrops wrote:
Hi all.

How can I set the output device on my Blade100? I added a PCI Graphics Card and want to use it as the default display (onboard graphics does not work with Xopen).

With openboot diag-switch? set to true the card is listed as

/pci@1f,0/pci@5/display

Using this with
setenv output-device /pci@5...

does not work.

How can I find out the correct setting?

Thanks,

   Hartwig

Hi Hartwig,

The method that you're using is basically correct, but it seems odd
to me that OBP is recognizing your PCI graphics card as simply "display"
and there's no "@" character in the third section of the path
"/pci@1f,0/pci@5/display".

You can optionally leave out the characters prior to the "@" character
so in short form the command equates to "setenv output-device /@1f,0/@5/"
which is missing the device in the third section of the path.

Does show-devs or show-displays show the same path for the PCI graphics
card? It could be that the specific PCI graphics card that you're trying to use isn't being fully recognized by OBP which expects all of the graphics cards to
be Sun graphics cards...

Hope the info helps.

-Brian